Posting on LinkedIn without using hashtags is like giving a speech at Wembley Stadium without a microphone. Your message might reach a few people, but your audience will be extremely limited, and you could miss out on hundreds (if not thousands) of potential lead generation opportunities.
Using relevant hashtags will help new audiences find your content, increase brand awareness, grow your professional network, and overall boost your lead generation efforts.
However, without a solid hashtag strategy, it can be difficult to build your engagement rates on LinkedIn – but don’t worry! In this post, we’ll explain how to find the best LinkedIn hashtags, how to use them correctly in your content, and how this can boost your lead generation.
What are LinkedIn hashtags?
First of all, you need to understand what hashtags are, and what they’re used for.
Hashtags (#) are a form of metadata that people use on social media platforms to find specific content based on news, trends, and other topics of interest. Although hashtags are most often associated with Twitter and Instagram, they are also used on LinkedIn to create searchable content. When you see a hashtag in someone’s post, you can click on it to bring up search results for other content that uses the same hashtag.
One benefit of using hashtags on LinkedIn is that they can be added to your posts, articles, and even your profile to help increase engagement and reach on your content. You can also follow specific hashtags on LinkedIn to keep up to date with content about a specific topic you’re interested in, or news about your industry.
What are the benefits of using hashtags?
There are several advantages to using hashtags as part of your content strategy. Some of these include:
- Growing your network – when you’re using LinkedIn for lead gen, it’s important to build up a network of potential clients and industry connections. Using industry-specific hashtags is a great way to connect with people who are interested in your content, and build a high-quality network faster.
- Increasing brand awareness – by following your industry-specific hashtags and engaging with the people who are using them (for example, by replying to their comments), you can grow awareness of your brand and build your reputation as an expert in your niche. This can help boost engagement with potential clients, and boost your brand’s SEO in LinkedIn’s search results.
- Helping prospects find you – one way that people use LinkedIn is as a search engine for professional services. By using these search keywords in your content and hashtags, you can improve the chances of your content showing up in these search results. Use the right hashtags, and the right clients will come to you.
How do I use hashtags as part of my lead generation strategy?
Including hashtags as part of your content strategy is a simple way to boost your lead generation. Here are some of our top tips on how to make the most of this useful feature:
- Research what your competitors are posting – while you shouldn’t copy another company’s content strategy, this will help you gain an idea of what kind of content is popular in your industry, which will help you learn what kind of relevant hashtags to use in your own content.
- Stick to just one or two hashtags per post – any more than this could trigger LinkedIn’s spam filter. Try to aim for one general hashtag, for example #marketing, and one that’s more specific, such as #contentmarketingstrategy. Your hashtags need to be relevant to the content you’re posting, otherwise your followers will ignore your message.
- Use your analytics – your analytics are an invaluable tool for any content strategy, especially for using hashtags. Your analytics will tell you what kind of topics and content receives the most engagement. You can then break these topics down into related keywords that you can use as hashtags to help encourage engagement on future posts.
- Keep an eye on trends – keep track of new and emerging trends within your industry, and use these hashtags to stay ahead of your competitors. The sooner you can post useful and interesting content with these trending hashtags, the more likely you are to show up in their search results.
Hashtags are a great way to increase brand awareness, build your company’s SEO, and expand your audience. We hope this blog has given you some useful tips on how to use hashtags effectively on LinkedIn, and you now feel confident using them as part of your lead generation strategies.
Want even more insight on how to find and secure quality leads? Our automated outreach tools have helped our clients discover over 1,000,000 leads on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, email, and more. Visit our website to find out more information about our services here, or call us today on 0203 982 7570 for a free consultation!